The Caregiver Program is a Canadian immigration program that offers a pathway to a Permanent Resident (PR) Visa to Canada for eligible foreign caregivers who will take care of children, the elderly, the disabled or others needing care in a home setting. There are three routes for those who want to work in Canada through the Caregiver Program:
- Caring For Children Pathway;
- Caring For People With High Medical Needs Pathway; and
- Live-in Caregiver Program.
Each of these Caregiver programs has its own eligibility criteria which generally include:
- having the required training and work experience as a caregiver;
- possessing adequate English or French language skills;
- meeting the health and character criteria;
- paying any necessary fee(s);
- other requirements may apply, depending on the particular Caregiver Program.
This is, of course, a brief overview; however, our ICCRC-registered Immigration Consultants can evaluate whether you are likely to meet the eligibility requirements to apply for the Canadian Caregiver Program. If you qualify for this Canadian immigration program, you could soon find yourself with a nice job in Canada helping others and enjoying the high standard of living this country is famous for.