Requirements for Immigration to the USA
In order to immigrate to the United States through the US Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery Program (also known as the Green Card Lottery), a foreign national must:
- Be BORN in a country listed by the US State Department as eligible to participate in the Green Card Lottery for a particular DV-year;
- Meet the educational requirement (i.e., completion of secondary/high school) OR specific work experience criteria;
- Correctly submit an accurate Green Card Lottery application and photo(s) that meet the strict DV-Lottery criteria during the brief annual registration period usually held in October;
- Be among the approximately 100,000 DV-Lottery winners randomly selected by computer to continue the immigration procedure;
- Correctly complete and submit the Form DS-260 to the US State Department’s Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) so the Consular Interview can be scheduled at the US Embassy or Consulate;
- Meet the health and character requirements;
- Pay the necessary fee(s);
- Successfully pass the Consular Interview and be issued a US Diversity Visa for immigration to the United States!
Please note that this is a simple overview of some of the key eligibility requirements and the general procedure for immigration to the USA through the Diversity Visa Program.